The group is currently coordinating two large scale scientific initiatives:
- The IMI project eTOX that integrates bioinformatics and chemoinformatics approaches for the development of expert systems allowing the in silico prediction of drug toxicity.
- MedBioinformatics on the translational and clinical application of bioinformatics.
The group is also partner in other EU-funded projects, like the ongoing IMI projects:
- EMIF, dealing with the creation and exploitation of a European Medical Informatics Framework.
- iPiE, aiming to develop a predictive framework for the environmental impact of drugs.
And the ongoing H2020 projects:
- EU-ToxRisk, aiming to achieve a paradigm shift in toxicology towards a more efficient and animal-free chemical safety assessment.
- ELIXIR-EXCELERATE, to accelerate the implementation of Europe’s life-science data infrastructure.
- MedSisCom: Medicina de Sistemas para el estudio de Comorbilidades (PI13/00082). Fondo de Investigación Sanitaria, ISCIII, Spain-FEDER. 2013-2016.
- Uncovering resistance to monoclonal antibodies in breast and colon cáncer. Fondo de Investigación Sanitaria, ISCIII, Spain. 2016-2019.